Welcome to My Little World

I've been blogging for a long time.  My first blog was "Living Without Money," which I started during the lowest financial point of my life.  Not only did we not have any money, we were in a very precarious situation.  Luckily, that time passed.

My next blog was "Living the Small Life," which I started when we moved to a small house, which was half the size of the home we'd been living in for 18 years.

This blog marks a new chapter of our life - my retirement.   It's just me, my husband and my dog.  He is the breadwinner and she is our "girl."  Early retirement for me at 56 was a conscientious choice.  It started with a short semi-retirement period where I worked 24 hours per week, but shortly became full retirement when I realized that working part-time wasn't necessarily any less stressful than working 40+ hours per week.

Working 24 hours a week gave me more time to manage our house, but not enough to do it as well as I'd like.  We don't live big.  Our house is small, our life is simple, and we don't live beyond our means.  This microcosm is pretty easy to manage, but it does take effort.  I'll be blogging about how I rule our un-empire and what I do to keep it running efficiently.

If you've followed me on my other blogs, thanks for coming along!  If you're new -- welcome!!!

Comments

  1. Your husband is very handsome, but he might get a big head if you tell him. shhhh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment