Bathroom Storage

The micro-bathroom has very little storage space.  This is the primary washroom for the whole house -- there is no "master" or powder room.   Other than a toilet in a small closet-like area in the basement, this is it.  Needing a small piece to store a little bit of reading material and the bathroom scale, an old magazine holder was pressed into use.
This piece was originally a dark wood.  It was spray painted black.  Because the bathroom can be damp, a high gloss finish was used.  One bonus with this piece, is that it has a handle carved into it, which means it's easy to pick up and clean/dust around.

The piece is obviously old -- but it fits in fine to a new bathroom.  If memory serves correctly, it was purchased for under five bucks and the paint was probably a buck.  

A previous post covered the inexpensive flower pot found on clearance at home depot.  This is how it fits in under the bathroom sink.  It's holding grooming items.  It's easy to pull it out whenever needed and it's also very easy to clean around.

Storage items for the bathroom don't need to be purchased from traditional bedroom/bath sources. These items were cheap and useful and economical.

Comments

  1. Bathroom storage is always a challenge and I like to have it neat inside my lower cabinets. I have a square plastic bin that's sold as a dishwashing tub at the dollar store that I put under every sink in the house. More times than I can count we have had a drain pipe mysteriously come loose or leak inside the cabinet. It's a safeguard and it also serves as storage for cleaners and sponges. If there's room I also put a little narrow two drawer plastic storage unit to hold small toiletries which uses some "up space" under there. I usually find them at yard sales. I hide the wastebasket under there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to see what kind of square bin or mat I can find. I do want to protect the cabinet/wood finish. Unlike other places we've lived, the cabinets in the bathroom are custom and top of the line. You're right, it's important to protect as well as store.

      Delete
    2. Someone once told to me that they put peel and stick tile on the bottom of all their sink cabinets. I thought that was a good idea too.

      Delete
    3. I used to put down vinyl tile too. I forgot about that! I wouldn't do the adhesive, though now. I don't think I'd want it to stick to the wood at all. But thanks for the idea!

      Delete

Post a Comment