Another Nasty Allergy/Cold - At a Bargain Price!

 My groin muscle strain is finally cured -- but yesterday I came down with a summer cold. It started with a sore throat, now my head has followed.  Luckily, I have plenty of Mucinex from the Dollar Tree.  This stuff normally sells for eight or nine bucks, so I stocked up on a couple of different formulas.  It's no fun being sick, but it's a little easier to tolerate when the remedies you buy don't cost an arm and a leg.  This box normally goes for around nine dollars in the drugstore.

I went to the DT to pick up generic Scrubbing Bubbles. It doesn't make sense for me to spread my germs to the breadwinner, so I wanted a disinfecting cleaner for the shower.  While at the store, I found these for a buck too.  I grabbed two boxes.  They had one for anti-gas as well, so I also grabbed two.  What can I say... we do get farty sometimes with the beans we eat in the house.  These normally sell for around twelve bucks.  This is the type of thing I grab if I see it in a close-out store like this.  Summer is here, which means ice cream.  We are prepared!

This shine enhancing lotion will protect my hair when I blow dry it.  I was happy to find it as I am on my last bottle of the last good stuff I found for cheap (different than this).  A dollar was a good deal, given I see it sold elsewhere for nine bucks.  I only grabbed two because I'd never used it before.  I will try a little out today or tomorrow and if it works well, I will go back for more.

Just because I am cheap doesn't mean I don't like to take care of my hair.  DT had this product as well. I bought eight or nine of them!  These go for around seven dollars and up.  I've been using this each time I shampoo and love it to bits.  It's all I can do to keep myself from going back to buy the rest of the stock.  But we've only got so much room in the hall closet.

I am hoping to rid myself of this cold quickly.  At least I can console myself with the bargains I found, whilst I swallow a couple of my bargain cold pills every eight hours...

Comments

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Summer colds are terrible. Good finds at the Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor pup is suffering terrible boredom as a result of my maladies!

      Delete
  2. Summer colds are the worst, hope it leaves you soon, you sure get good buys, in Canada even the dollar store is way over a dollar, they need to change the sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we can be sure that things at the Dollar Store will stay a dollar, if you think about the tariff wars between the US and China. The cold seems to be at least half way over, I hope the rest of it gets on quickly!

      Delete
  3. Good buys! Our 99 Cents Only store had Boom Chica Pop bagged popcorn for a short while. I kind of became addicted to the stuff and would buy five bags at a time. Wouldn't you know, they don't have it anymore. I hope your cold is gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like you, I get addicted to something like that cheap and hope it will keep on showing up in the store forever! That's why I will grab as much as I can when I find these kinds of buys. It has helped to have so much cheap medicine on hand.

      Delete

Post a Comment