Church Basement Finds

This nifty little clutch was one of my delightful finds when I shopped the church basement at the farmer's market last week.  I think it was 75 cents.  The black wood necklace was a quarter.  It is going to be disassembled and the pieces painted white.  I'll restring it with a few other types of beads/spacers and make it into a more summer/cute piece.  Methinks it looks like an old phone cord or power cable!

All of the other baubles I found were also a twenty-five cents a piece.  I had wanted to get one of these shell necklaces for a while but when they are thrift stores, they're marked for two bucks -- too much to spend!  The pin will work well on a choker -- or even pinned to the clutch.  The daisy necklace is made of wood.  This is the kind of summery look I want to impart to the ugly black necklace.

Not pictured, is the coffee grinder mentioned in the last post.  I've wanted to have one for camp and was happy to spend three bucks on it.  It would have cost maybe a little more than that at a thrift -- but I've been looking and had no success.  I was glad to find it when I did!

The car is being worked on.  While the part came in, they are having a hard time getting the old ignition tumbler out.  If I had been more proactive and addressed this when the problem was only an frequent inconvenience, we'd all be better off.  If the key could turn one click, they could stick a wire in and pull the tumbler out.  Now the lock is so stuck, it won't turn at all.  When I call to check on the progress of the job, I always apologize.  In fact, any time I bring the vehicle in to be fixed, I apologize!  Few things are easy when it comes to repairs.  So I'll probably end up paying a hefty chunk on labor.  Oh well, I still love the car.  The engine itself should last forever and it is fun, gorgeous and classic. 

I am thinking once I get it back, I will have to dress in a fun summer outfit, put on my thrifted  summer finds, and go for a joy ride.  Or.... maybe just head home. I miss TBG and the pup!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. When it comes to shopping a church rummage sale, everyone wins!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like some great bargain.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment