Home At Last!

After spending four weeks at camp, I finally made it home this past Friday.  I love camp, but four weeks in a 29 foot trailer has it draw-backs!  Having that sprained ankle didn't help matters.  If I'd had use of my car, four weeks would have been a real vacation.  With use of the car for only five days, I didn't get to the beach, nor was I able to drive around to take pictures or find treasures.

The repair bill was very pricey -- $759!!!  Now that the problem is addressed, I realize that two issues that were somewhat annoying have been corrected.  Not knowing that the steering lock was at the root of the problem, I thought there was something wrong with my steering -- I was always feeling resistance.  Well, it was hitting up against a block that was locked in place.  So, problem solved.

About $450 went to parts and shipping, the rest into labor.  Because of my AAA membership, a $45 discount was applied.  We pay around $100 per year for a 'plus' membership with the automobile club.  Just one tow generally means it's paid for itself.  We average two or more tows per year.  Our towing limit is 100 miles.

In retrospect, I wish I'd gone home with TBG at the end of the fourth of July weekend.  That doesn't mean my time away wasn't nice.  One of these days, I will write a post on campground/RV park etiquette.  As a seasonal camper, I see a lot of people who do things right, and many who do it wrong.  Having almost a month to observe, I really saw a lot.

The up side is that I have great friends and the park is really a home to me.  There were people who return for short stays that I've gotten to know over the years and I saw a few of them since I was around for so long.  I also realize that a lot of the stuff I had stocked which at times I thought might have been crazy, made a lot of sense.

And finally, no matter how many sunsets you see over the water, you never get blind to how gorgeous they are!

Comments

  1. Unless there is ac and toilet in the camper, it would not be for me. I am glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have both! The AC was important as it ended up getting pretty hot. The kitchen is small, but it works too. The shower doesn't work, which is a bit of a pain....

      Delete
  2. So glad you finally made it home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've gone from doing almost nothing all day, to being completely busy... but I am OK with that!

      Delete
  3. Welcome home! Hope the ankle is healed and you're relaxed and raring to go! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first day back was easy, then I slid into haus frau mode and it's been anything but!

      Delete

Post a Comment