Serendipty Savings - Tops

Out and about, I found  myself in dire need of a rest room.  There is a Tops in the same plaza as the Dollar Tree and TBG had asked me to pick up Band Aids for work.  Well, I was able to "do my business," but their offerings on what I was looking for was sub-par.  Of course, it was still worth it to check the "Manager's Special" table -- the only true bargain the store offers.  My cache is shown here.  Three bags of Organic Quinoa and three hand pump soap dispensers. Total spent: $15.

I prepare a lot of whole grain dishes.  Sometimes I use a "mix," but only in a pinch since they are high in salt.  More often, I use one package of a mix for seasoning, then double the portion with the plain stuff. The stuff I found on clearance was marked down from $6.99 to $1.75, making it worthwhile to stock up. I was actually tempted to buy all ten packages and freeze the excess -- although I doubt this product would go bad.

I had also had it in mind to pick up a soap dispenser or three, wanting one for the sink at home, one for the sink at camp, and another for the bathroom at camp.  These were originally $13.99, marked down to $2.99.  And they were worth the price!

These dispensers work by having you put in 60% water, 20% soap and leaving 20% air space.  Shake well, then pump -- and you end up with a nice dollop of foam.  While I love foam soap, this product is three times as much as traditional liquid hand soap.  Using this type of dispenser, my regular liquid soap will stretch a lot further and I'll get the foam version that I really like.

Seeing how this works, TBG asked me to use one of these at the slop sink in the basement.  Even though I won't have two for camp, it will still be nice to have one up there.

If anyone sees these types of dispensers at a low price, they are worth a try.

My quick perusal of the clearance items saved me $39.  Hey, you never know what you'll find if you don't go looking!

Comments

  1. I never go into any store without checking the sale table or shelves. Good buys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike! What is irksome is learning that foaming soap is really liquid soap with much more water added. And it's more expensive! Bargain shopping can be so educational!

      Delete
  2. Great price for the kinoa and the dispensers. I love those dispensers too. I do not like the slimy feeling of liquid soap. Prefer the foam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should have bought a few more, but then again, even a savings oriented gal has to be reasonable...

      Delete

Post a Comment