Still at Camp!

I am still at camp and without a car!  The ignition tumbler came out (drilled out) and it was determined the actual problem was the steering column lock.  So that part is on order.  The tumbler locked because of that and would have to have been replaced anyway.  I am making due with provisions obtained last Wednesday on my outing to the farmer's market.  This was a delicious broiled tomato open faced sandwich from last week.

I used the fresh basil growing in the planter outside of the trailer, then put the tomato under the broiler in the toaster oven.  I also lightly toasted a bun.  I had a couple of these, then also made some great salads. In addition, I brought my friend June a plate of caprese while she was up manning the front desk.  She works for the RV park part time.
I made June and her husband Mark dinner on Saturday night because she worked the full day from morning to night.  A 12+ hour day!  The meal was made in my trailer, but brought up to their more spacious coach.  It all started out with a cheese plate of crackers, salami, cheddar and sun dried tomatoes, along with honey and hummus.  It was a nice appy!

There are some items I stock just to be prepared.  Five packages of grilled lemon & pepper chicken brought on special have served us well.  Three have been used so far.  A number of bags of special clearance quinoa/brown rice have been taking up cabinet space -- and were perfect to have on hand for a pasta salad.  I used what we had, plus fresh tomatoes from the farmer's market, mozzarella and provolone cheese -- and a fresh dressing of squeezed lemon and EVOO.  Even though I didn't have a car, I was able to pull a good meal together because I hoard a lot of "what if" food items!

The farmer's market is held every Wednesday, so June and I are going tomorrow. I will treat her to lunch first.  She has been doing my laundry!  I hand wash what is feasible each night when I take a shower, but I still have things like towels, t-shirts, etc.  I also need to replenish toothpaste, deodorant, aluminum foil, etc.

Teddy is doing better with her original issue, but she got a raw patch on her neck from wearing the doughnut of shame.  TBG is really taking this hard.  I wish I would have been able to get home to watch her, but the new part which was ordered today will take a couple of days to arrive.  He and the pup will be back Friday night. June and Mark invited me over for a steak dinner tonight!

This has been both a relaxing and stressful break. I don't think I've ever actually been away from home this long at one stretch.  The trailer is my home away from home, but I sure do miss my house!  It has been great to spend time with June and her husband Mark and they have been so great.  I guess the one silver lining in this cloud, is that we get a few different cable channels and I've caught some good movies!  That... and I'm drinking wine every night!

Comments

  1. All the food looks delirious.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think I am eating less since I only have this small space, a tiny refrigerator, and no car to help me buy anything I want!

      Delete
  2. Tomatoes with basil - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supermarket tomatoes out of season suck. But this time a year -- when both are in season... super yum!

      Delete
  3. I agree that the food looks great. June has been wonderful! But then you've been wonderful to her, too. You're lucky to have her for a friend. I bet you really miss Teddy, to say nothing of TBG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am near the end of my tolerance. He was going to come up this weekend but to safe, wants to keep her home. I am not going to stay any longer than Saturday if the car is not ready. But I really hope it will be! I'm even willing to go home Friday if it is, so he can drive out by himself for some R&R while I over compensate for the time away from my girl! I took June to lunch today and know she realizes how much this has meant to me. In spite of it all, I am lucky!

      Delete
  4. Thank goodness you had supplies and a friend. So long away from Teddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something is gonna have to give this weekend. If the part isn't in and the car won't be ready Saturday, I think I'm going to have to have TBG come and get me!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is nice when something that tastes good is also good for you!

      Delete

Post a Comment