My Low Standards

Five Below is now in my rotation, even though it's geared to teenagers and college-aged people.  I stopped in hoping to find a scented moisturizer, but not surprised that I could not.  Younger ladies don't need to add oil/moisture to their skin, they're looking to avoid it! There were still items to meet my needs.  The three bottles of essential oils (in oil, not pure, for $3), a hair towel wrap and massage ball, were good finds. I wanted to use the massage ball to help scrub the pup when she gets her bath, and I added the oil to unscented moisturizer from Dollar Tree.  There is a Bath and Bodyworks store next to FB and a tube of moisturizer was thirteen bucks. I don't think so!

I had run out of the scented moisturizer I'd been buying at DT, and unfortunately it was out of stock too.  A cheap unscented bottle of Dermasil, paired with the oil from FB did the trick.  The shine serum was an added bonus.  Finding quality hair styling products is a good thing!
I have low standards... I only want to spend a dollar on most of my HBA staples.  It's worth it for me to over-stock my storage shelves when I can get this kind of product at a five or six dollar savings!

So while I have low standards, they are low priced ones!

Comments

  1. My favorite cleaning solution is a few drops of bergamot oil added to a bucket full of hot water, or hot water/vinegar mixture. I don't care if the oil is essential or in oil, or cold pressed, or whatever when I'm using it on my floors, or to scrub a shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FB had the Salon Color Restore? Because of allergy problems, cheap usually backfires for me. I bought a $1 Dove moisturizer or cream, applied it in the car and had my arm swell up, turn red, and it like was like I had fire ants on me. I had to use bottled water to get it off as Tommy drove. I bought Gold Bond moisturizer, not expensive and a huge container. I don't have to have gender specific products like pink, flowers, and sweet scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Salon Color Restore was at Dollar Tree. They seem to be getting in a fair amount of Dessange products lately. I really like them. I would be totally willing to buy even more of the product, but space is beginning to become and issue!

      Delete

Post a Comment