Funky Vases

This is one of my garage sale finds that came from the same house I got those wonderful pitchers from.  These were also made by Louise Funk.  I loved this piece because of it's post-modern sort of vibe.  It's in our living room.

This one is in the bathroom.  Each of the vases and pitcher are different styles, so I am guessing they may have been school projects.  I can't be sure as there is no way to find out.

Not knowing anything about them or the lady who made them doesn't bother me.  I like that they are original and that I only spent a couple of bucks on each one. 

This proves once again that there is no need to go to home decor stores for pottery.  While there are real artisan pieces we've spent more money on, I like my cheap garage sale finds too. I think I got my three bucks worth with these two!

Comments

  1. If you are looking for something rare, you may have it. Keep those and someday they may be famous...lol. both are unique and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm the only one to own pieces like these!

      Delete
  2. Who wants shop bought ornaments? The pieces we pick up secondhand are far more interesting and make our houses look unique and interesting not bland greige boxes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these for myself but also love being able to pass them on if I find one is perfect for a friend. Being interesting is certainly what makes them special for sure.

      Delete
  3. I have such a hard time shopping regular retail now, a complete thrift addict lol. Great finds, I often find pottery pieces to drag home too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to curb my hunger for pottery or I'll need a bigger house!

      Delete
  4. They're both so pretty, but I LOVE the green one. My grandmother had a similar one to the colorful one that she called "end of the day" glass. Apparently, workers in the shops used up bits and ends of what they had left at the close of business. They were personal projects which they used with glass ingredients which would be thrown away by the company. Makes me like them even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green one was what caught my eye first and drew me over to the table with the other vases. It's in our bathroom where we have garden-inspired photo canvases on the wall. Glad you share my attraction to it!

      Delete

Post a Comment