Hostess Gift

We were invited to a dinner party this past Saturday and I wanted to bring a token for the hostess and her dog.  Pardon the poor quality pictures, but I wanted to capture the dog side of the effort before we left the house!

This lady is really into Mackenzie-Childs design.  Not having the funds (and not wanting to embarrass with something that expensive), I made up my own budget version.  She recognized the Courtly Check inspired pattern immediately.

One issue I had, was that after painting the pattern, I brushed on Polycrylic.  Mistake!  It smeared the acrylic paint.  I was able to go back and touch it up, and also added the gold band, so all was not lost!  I did follow up with a spray coat of clear, which is what I'll do if I ever repeat a project like this.

The small glass container came from Dollar Tree and I got the biscuits from Aldi.  Aside from the supplies I had on hand, the materials set me back five bucks, plus tax.  In addition, I brought along a half dozen red roses for the lady of the house, at a cost of $3.99 plus tax.

The dear dog was very happy with the biscuits and the lady of the house did not at all mind my plagiarism -- she also liked the roses.  Not bad for under ten bucks!

Comments

  1. Wow, your idea could be used with so many designs. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like! I had the jar for weeks before I was able to get to it, I was chomping at the bit!

      Delete
  2. I am not up on trendy things so I have no idea who or what Mackenzie- Childs is, but I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK, her husband thought it was MacDonalds!

      Delete
  3. Not familiar with Mackenzie-Childs but what a lovely gesture. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix! The style is one I can take in moderate to small doses. I can't get my head around people who pick one designer and style and that's it for them. Eclecticism is it for me, but I'm OK with borrowing someone else's style when it suits my fancy...

      Delete

Post a Comment