Shirts for Her Back

The day that I found the four shirts for TGB, I also found two lovely tops for myself.  These were also marked half off.  The green zippered piece is actually a nice lightweight  jacket.  This will be a great three season component of  my wardrobe.  It was worth the two bucks!  The blue and white shirt will be a wonderful top for spring, and will also be a fine jacket for the summer.

The blue top was a great match to the necklace I'd strung a couple of weeks before.  It will look just right layered on with the assortment of white baubles that I posted with the necklace when I wrote about making it.  Unfortunately for me, we've had horrid cold and wet weather these past few days.  If the spring comes back, I'll be in this shirt for sure!

I wore the zippered jacket with a pair of denim leggins and my leather gladiator sandals.   The weather here better warm up soon as I am loving these lace-ups and want to wear them more!

This is the cake TBG brought home and it was super yummy.  I'd made the shirt purchases on my birthday.  Now that I don't work on my big day, I always treat myself to an afternoon at a thrift store.  Regardless of whether I need anything or not, I make sure to buy a couple of things just because I want to.  I'm a cheap date...

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Alex! The cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sluggy. In my old age, I've turned into a Rite Aid junky! I've always been a cake slut...

      Delete
  2. Great finds! Don't you love the thrift store price point? Love the gladiator sandals. Happy late birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some stores that price too high because they think they can cut into the ebay profits for people who look to resell. Goodwill has gotten that way. But I have my sources and am a confirmed addict!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you -- and that was probably the best tasting birthday cake I've had yet!

      Delete

Post a Comment