Swimming and Saving


While I have been doing very little swimming this year, Teddy has been a bit more active.  I am swimming her as often because each time must be followed by a bath and blow-out, but she still goes in the water two to three times a week.  For the most part, she gets in on the days I plan to bathe her.  That means it's a two to three hour efforts, hence why it can't happen daily.  On days we walk or just play fetch in a field, it's about 30 - 45 minutes.  Whatever the activity, I think that is half of what is saving her life.  Well, the diet helps too!  Today we were out in 45 degree weather and she was having fun in the water.  Afterwards we took a shower together and I blew out her coat.

 
Yesterday I went to Walmart looking for those space saving vacuum seal storage bags.  It's about the time where we like to put away some of our summer wardrobe and these bags do help with storage.  Of course I had to check out the clearance shelves.  Swim stuff was on clearance, so I picked up a pair of Tyr goggles for myself because the price marked was very reasonable.  The pool has been closed, but I figured it would help to have a back-up pair on hand. The ones I had been using may very well have gotten too dried out from the months of inactivity.  It was a pleasant surprise to see them ring up for two bucks!  Once I got my merchandise (I did a little bit of grocery shopping too) in the car, I high-tailed it back in and picked up three more pairs.  $15 is what I generally would spend on these -- and I can almost only get them on-line.  The aquatic center sells cheap pairs for five bucks -- but this was even less.  And they are of a better quality.

Once home and after sharing my bargain find with TBG, he mentioned that a couple of his customers told him the Aquatic and Fitness Center was re-opened.  Aldi is next door and I noted the parking lot was basically empty, so I will have to check.  I'm not quite sure I am ready to start up with indoor swimming again.  I'm very COVID cautious.  But I'll see how it goes.  In any event, I am set for goggles when it does come time to return!

Comments

  1. Teddy and I are kindred spirits. I don't mind cold water either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am suffering chopping onions. I have heard that goggles help. So, I will be looking for these. I wonder if wearing goggles work for chopping onions without pain. Teddy looks happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your local Walmart has them on clearance. There were probably so few public pools open this summer, that they couldn't sell their stock. I am going back next week to see if bathing/swim camps come down more in price. Teddy really is happy too! Well, except when she's getting a blow dry...

      Delete
  3. I am sure not a water person, but when was younger I love to water ski. Teddy sure looks like she having fun,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I no longer have the body coordination or confidence to water ski! I hope to do more swimming with Teddy next year. I will try to keep her in the water as long as I can.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teddy looks and acts like a puppy in the video -- the picture of health. That made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all is well with you. It has been quiet a while since this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi good night. All right? I want to present my Blogger on culture, travel and tourism. I would like to invite you to follow my Blogger. I'm the follower number 27.

    https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/2020/11/oi-futuro-parte-i-rio-de-janeiro-rj.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am truly worried now. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. missing your blog, hope al is well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. Chemical free pools

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get a Readymade Food Delivery app at low cost. sv soft solutions offer the ready-made mobile app solution for food stores.
    Like zomato clone
    Quality Work. Quick Delivery. Affordable Packages. HIghly Experienced Team.
    Types: App Design & Development, eCommerce App Development.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Build your zomato clone app
    Give your customers a branded ordering app & website like Zomato to order food online,
    pay for them and track delivery agents in real-time.
    zomato clone

    ReplyDelete
  13. El Sr. Pedro es un oficial de préstamos increíblemente bien informado, cortés y paciente. Revisé un par de ofertas de propiedades antes de mi compra final, y Pedro estuvo allí para ayudar con cada una, a menudo coordinando con mi agente detrás de escena. Me sentí apoyada durante todo el proceso. Gracias a Pedro y los esfuerzos incansables de su equipo, ¡ahora soy un orgulloso propietario! Lo animo a que considere a Pedro y su compañía de préstamos para cualquier tipo de préstamo.

    # Préstamo de automóvil

    # Préstamo hipotecario

    # Préstamo comercial

    # Préstamo personal


    Sr. Pedro Oferta de Préstamo

    Correo electrónico: pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment