Rainbow Pitcher

This pitcher is a real eye-catcher.  Its rainbow of colors stood out amid other pieces at a Williamson, NY garage sale.  That sale netted a couple of nice pieces of porcelain/pottery.  This particular piece was priced for $3, but sold for half that.  A similar vessel at a new big box/discount store would have been at least ten times as much.

This piece was appealing because of its uniqueness.  It doesn't fit the now popular "farm house" style yet it was found in a small rural town.  The shape is unlike anything I've seen around and although it is decades old, it doesn't scream any one particular era.  Its bold, yet timeless -- which is what makes it worthy owning.

Once again, there is a stamp that is not easy to identify/authenticate on the bottom.  While this is obviously a well-crafted piece, it not something that was attained for it's collectable or financial potential.  It's just a really cool piece of pottery!

This vessel will be used serve liquid refreshments as well as being a vase for colorful, mixed-flower bouquets.  At $1.50, it is probably one of the best-priced finds in our little world.  Isn't it swell?

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I could not help myself when I saw it! And I would have gladly paid three bucks too....

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love that it's kinda hip looking. The handles and spout are just as cool as the vibrant colors. I am so happy I found it!

      Delete
  3. I don't like anything decorated strictly in one style, so that will work in farmhouse décor. Everyone that ever decorated in centuries past added on according to whims and costs. That is a very unusual and cheerful picture! I love it. It was well worth the price and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I love, is when you find something you'd never even imagined existed. This was definitely one of those finds. But is is something I doubt would show up in an episode of "Fixer Upper"...

      Delete

Post a Comment