Fallahs

Most fashion bargain hunters look to big box discount stores like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and various rack stores.  Some snobbish fashionistas may not like the idea of shopping lower tier stores -- those that get merchandise closed out from Walmart and other fast-fashion retailers and cater to low income consumers.

Fallah's is a discount retailer that admittedly sells plenty of junk.  However, they also get lots from sources that aren't low end.  It's not unusual to find pieces from Susan Graver and Denim & Company (QVC brands), Marvel Comics, Reebok, etc.  For that reason, it is always worth the time to scour the entire store.   The racks might be a mess, but there is generally a bargain to be found.

The North Buffalo store is having a clearance sale.  Everything is thirty to fifty percent off the lowest ticketed price.  The signs say the store is closing, which seemed to have also happened two years ago -- yet it re-opened in the same spot.  Many close out stores are run by liquidation companies, often making the sales a real scam -- at least at the outset.  This clearance sale seems to be run by the company.

The henleys shown above are made by Eddie Bauer -- a great label that makes quality merchandise.  These were seventy cents a piece.  They were marked $3.99, which would have been a great price anyway -- but for some reason, rang as a dollar at the register and then thirty percent was deducted. 

Eddie Bauer merchandise is not cheap (expect to find shirts like these regularly selling for forty bucks!) -- but that doesn't make wearing them impossible for those who don't have cash to burn.  Sorting through racks of unsorted clothing is not for everyone -- but it can pay off if you know the store tends to carry small quantities of high quality product.  Prices like this beat thrift stores and auction sites. 

Comments

  1. We had a store like that 30 years ago. I miss it. Those shirts are a steal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The challenge is to stop from buying too much, even if it's a real bargain. We only have so much space in our house. If I were willing to sell one eBay, I could make a few bucks... but I am too lazy!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a bargain! When I stopped working, I ended up getting rid of a good chunk of my clothes because I never wore it. You're probably more fashion conscious than I am, so perhaps it won't be an issue for you - I'm happy in sweats or shorts when I'm just hanging around the house, so I have very little need for "real" clothes any more. But hey, with prices like that, they're cheaper than sweats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what I was thinking! I do like sweats, but also spend time out of the house. So these are like sweats, but they look nice too.

      Delete
  3. I meant to go to Fallah's today and completely forgot! I did hit Burlington, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go to Burlington more often if it was closer, but it's on my list of stores to shop at for sure! I hope you found some good bargains.

      Delete

Post a Comment