Gifting Guys

We were invited to a surprise 40th birthday party for two guys.  They're twins, so twin presents were in order.  There are some folks who believe that using gift bags is a waste and a lazy way to deliver a present.  That's totally not the case when it comes to responsible re-usable material.  A bag can be used multiple times, rather than torn off and chucked in the trash.  Two bags are a buck at the Dollar Tree. While that is more expensive than their wrapping paper, it's a way to give something that can be used again.

Inexpensive key chains came from Five Below.  That was a great way to decorate the bag and hold the handles closed.  While some parents think it's great to give a kid a unique name, when you want an item like this, you can only do it if the recipient's name is "normal."  These are two bucks a piece and don't come in strange names like Cyndee or Daffyd.  But this is a digression...
Not sure of what to get a grown man?  Good quality flashlights are never a bad idea.  Both of these are very bright and have clips attached so they can be easily carried around.   The larger one actually pivots and can be set on the handle.  Ladies, the smaller one is great in a purse -- for a guy, it's great in a pocket.

The larger light retails for about $25, and the smaller one around $12.  These are products The Big Guy gets at cost, so that made them a super deal and an excellent gift!

Comments

  1. Good idea for a gift. I reuse gift bags all the time. If you fold them nicely they last forever. The next time I have to actually buy anything gift wise I think I will buy some predecorated gift boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great flash lights! I also like sturdy re-usable boxes. I've been known to spray paint over boxes that had a company or brand logo if the box was good enough to re-use.

      Delete
  2. I don't know who came up with ideal of gift bags. But I use them all the time and reuse them.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read an article and the writer said they were lazy and a disgrace. Yeah, maybe they are lazy but being recyclable is a better thing IMO!

      Delete
  3. Love gift bags! They saved Christmas for me a couple years ago when I was too sick to even consider gift-wrapping presents. When I give a gift in a bag, I tell the recipient that it's actually two gifts in one (the actual present and the bag to reuse). This really has not much to do with your post, but speaking of "normal" names on key chains, etc., made me remember: When Christmas shopping and looking at ornaments, I found one that said "Paisley" and one marked "Stella." Those are my niece's dogs' names. Who ever would think that I'd ever find those somewhat unusual names. And I wasn't even looking, but of course I had to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost bought one of those key fobs with the name "Logan" for a guy I know -- whose name is not Logan, but is a HUGE Wolverine fan. I still might do that!

      Delete

Post a Comment