Blue Back Yard

We are big on blue at the Microcosm.  The plastic Adirondack style chairs were birthday gifts from TBG.  The blue mirror was spray painted to match.  The bottles hanging on the fence were found at a garage sale last year.  The aloe vera plant has been in our garden for years and winters in the house.

The chairs were actually a set of four.  The table set between two pairs is a garbage pick -- found while walking the dog in our neighborhood.  Of course, it was spray painted blue!  This conversation area is one the two of us use after work to enjoy a glass of wine.  We can either face towards or away from the sun, depending on how hot/bright it is.  We've often enjoyed this after TBG gets home from work.

 We entertain quite a lot.  If it's just going to be one other couple, this spot will be perfect.  If it's a party, it is one of four conversation areas.

 This chaise needs to be painted, but I'm not thinking it will be blue.  Whatever I decide, it will likely match the candle stand next to it.  Both have seen a lot of weather!




These two wooden Adirondack chairs were not sturdy enough to accommodate TBG and two of the original set of four have fallen completely apart.  They're situated in the area to the side of the house which gets a lot of shade.  Cushions for a small furniture set are stored in a cheap plastic container found at Aldi -- which will eventually be replaced with something sturdier.  The cushions for this set are not blue, so I was happy to spread some of our favorite color to the spot.

We have a small house and a small yard, but in spite of our meager square footage, we managed to have what we need to host parties or find little spots to relax when we are home on our own.  While our world is colored blue, we are not blue at all!

Comments

  1. I love blue in the garden, reminds me of Yves St Laurent's garden in Marrakesh which inspired me to come back and paint my pots the same colour when we went years ago.
    The fashion here is grey garden furniture - hideous. It would be like sitting in an 1980s office! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reference Vix! I googled it and agree with you. That blue is stunning and inspirational.

      Delete
  2. Blue happens to be my favorite color since childhood. If you saw me in 5 days out of 7, you could easily tell. Lol! My mom makes sure she takes out a blue towel for me when I am visiting. I exclusively use blue toothbrushes etc.

    I like your yard very much. I am sure it is very relaxing to sit there after sundown with a glass of wine. Do you have a fire pit? Or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a nice fire pit. TBG had it built for me as a surprise anniversary present a couple of years ago. I am a big lover of blue. I have blue lenses in a pair of sunglasses -- no matter what the weather, the skies are blue. A great mood lifter!

      Delete
  3. Blue is a fab colour, wonderful what a bit of pain can do, isn't it? Love the seating for four, we have seating for 4 but it is a bit cramped - until we expand our patio next summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will now add pops of yellow. I'd had both colors in spray paint and after Vix pointed out the St. Laurent garden in Marrakesh, I knew I'd have to add that!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on blue, only my favorite shade is more turquoise/aqua/teal. I think adding pops of yellow would be great as an accent color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love teal too! If we were closer to the shore, that's probably the route I'd have gone. But I do have a thing for vibrant, electric blue.

      Delete

Post a Comment