Fabric Find

A couple of weeks ago, while out thrifting with the BFF's daughter, this fabric junky found a Lilly Pulitzer skirt.  It was tagged as a size 8 but it didn't fit the girlie, so it was left behind.  This was a missed opportunity, so a visit was made to the same shop the very next day and the skirt was still there.  There was no discount on the tag color, but since it was priced just $4.99, it had to be bought.

Strangely enough, the skirt fit.  It's a little tight, but it's wearable.  The original intention was to re-purpose the fabric.  This print is "Window Shopping," and it features giraffes and colorful leaves on a pink background.

This is a print from a promotional Lilly tote, originally a gift with purchase back when Lilly Pulitzer and Estee Lauder collaborated on a make-up collection. This was a buck.

The appeal for me, is that the fabrics are wild and colorful.  While too pricey to buy new and often over-priced through on-line resources, most thrifts around here don't know to over-inflate their prices.  I'll buy a Lilly piece now even if it's the wrong size -- just to get a hold of some fabric.

I may also do some decoupage work with this -- I can take pictures and get cheap prints made at a CVS kiosk. It's also fun to create color schemes based on the hues in patterns like these.  IMO, few things so thoroughly say summer as like a Pulitzer print... what a find!

Comments

  1. I love the early Lily Pulitzer stuff especially her 1960s menswear! That skirt is gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once found two men's polo shirts -- both in fabulous sherbet colors. One green, one pink. I LOVED wearing them to the beach! She and I both came from the same home town, which is another reason I love her stuff. Especially the old stuff. It's nostalgic and cool!

      Delete
  2. Great springy type patterns - great finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bright colors like this. In the winter, the main focus is to be warm and bundle up, so I don't get to dress in as many fun things as I'd like!

      Delete
  3. Nice find! I love thrifting and I am always so excited when I find things like this :) You are also so lucky it was still there! I have not bought things and then gone back and they are sadly gone. Thanks for sharing!
    -Jenna ♥
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could see a really nice tote bag in that fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment