Happy Hair

I have wanted to get my hands on both temporary hair color as well as some summer bleaching product.  These items have been on sale at CVS and Rite Aid, but I knew I could do better at the Dollar Tree.  The problem is, you never know when this type of thing will show up and what brand it will be. Imagine my delight when the L'Oreal Summer Lights and Clairol Color Crave popped up on the shelf last week!  I've been interested in some sort of pink/rose shade and was happy to find Rose Gold in the mix. Bronze, copper or gold always work for my red hair as well, so I grabbed two in Sun Bronze.

An example of over-stock or  close-out merchandise would be the seven bottles of Dessange shampoo and conditioner.  This brand and size sells for about seven to eight bucks at Walmart.  It is the perfect size to fit in my bag for the pool -- and it's high quality hair care.  Getting it for a buck a piece is a really good deal. 




Along with the hair stuff, I found two pieces of elf make-up.  There's a gold eye shadow and a teal liner.  Both perfect for summer!  I'm a close-out/marked-down beauty product slut.  Most of what I use costs just a dollar, I cut my own hair, and I buy whatever I find for cheap.  I also stock up when stores are discontinuing and cutting prices 75% or more.

There is a lot of garbage at the DT and brands that I won't use.  As mentioned in an earlier post, anything that comes from Greenbriar International.  If I can find decent drug-store quality merchandise that isn't damaged or in bad shape, I'm game.  It makes me happy to be able to find decent product at a decent price. 

Comments

  1. I do buy drugstore makeup - but draw the line at colouring my own hair - I am such a chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will augment my own color, but never do anything drastic. This stuff is very minimal and I was so happy to find it for cheap! If I get stuff and don't use it, I know a college kid I can give it to :-)

      Delete
  2. Those are great finds! I used to color my own hair too. Now that I have this "baliage", I need it done. Well, I will get my baliage renewed sometime in September for the last time and I will go back to coloring my hair in the summer of 2020. I am sure my hairdresser will be heartbroken but, alas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally like the way I do it better myself. I did once have very blond highlights on top of a perm and then swam in a heavily chlorinated pool. The blond turned green! I did get help with that....

      Delete

Post a Comment