Heed the path that led me to that place...

OK, the lyrics are for Kashmir, not Cashmere.  My favorite Led Zeppelin song vs. my favorite type of sweater.  The path that led me to these two sweaters, was Senior Citizen Monday at the Amvet store.  Each sweater was $3.99 and I got a twenty five percent discount on each.  While there were no tags, these had never been worn.  It was sad to wash and then store them for the season -- but that means I have something to look forward to in the fall.  Perhaps they will style nicely over my shoulder on cooler summer evenings?  The lighter color of the two could certainly work in warmer months.

Lord & Taylor sells sweaters like this new for around $100.  That price is way beyond my means, but not out of the question when found in the after-market.  For some reason, shoppers at the store I frequent don't seem to be fond of cashmere. I'm not sure why -- but I use this to my advantage. I will shop for this type of thing all year and don't mind purchasing out of season.  When you can save this kind of money on a high-end fashion piece, it's wise not to wait... cashmere sweaters are my Shangri-la!

Comments

  1. Well, cashmere is originally from Mongolia and Kashmir so there you go. You have a point in there. The sweaters look beautiful. I am sure, they feel great too. I applaud you for your hunting skills. If you were a part of the first humans on Earth, you would be one of the survivors. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do refer to my outings as "Hunting and Gathering!" Thanks for the fashion background too. I am married to a man with caveman feet...

      Delete
  2. They're a great find - lovely colours and top quality (I've found the odd vintage Lord & Taylor piece over here).
    I can't get my head round you being able to know that you won't need a jumper until the Autumn. Here in the Uk it's rare you don't need one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After you go through an extreme Buffalo, NY winter, you don't find it hard to view a cool/cold day as "warm." I love vintage Lord and Taylor clothing -- it was so well made and always stylish.

      Delete
  3. You had me at Led Zeppelin. The song Kashmir has a mesmerizing effect. I was listening to it in the car and suddenly realized I was home with no memory of driving the last few miles. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From, IMO, their best album: Physical Graffiti!

      Delete
  4. You are right about cashmere, I find it often - and silk too. The best finds in the thrift are usually off-season, no one else is looking for sweaters right now! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just found some great multi-colored silk and silk-like polyester tops too. I've been on a run lately!

      Delete

Post a Comment