Multi-Colored Monday

These shirts were a Monday Senior Citizen discount treat from the Amvet Store.  These are great three season pieces.  The pink multi-colored one has been worn three times in the past two weeks.  It matches up just great with either jeans or black leggins.  I wore it to an art gallery last week with a pair of jeans and a pink crinkled blazer.  It pairs well with pearls.  I wore it with a green jacket on my birthday.

The detailing of this Indian-print silk blouse is beautiful.  Aside from the colorful print, there is a thicker trim and lots of little sequins.  This is a top that can be dressed up or down.  I just can't wait to wear it!

Being busty and carrying around a good amount of middle-aged pudge can be discouraging.  When you have pretty tunic blouses to distract from it all, you can't help but feel good.  At least I felt fine when I wore the pink number with a pair of thrifted Sevens jeans, tucked in at the front only, with a paisley belt, bright pink blazer and lots of bling.  No way am I going to stick to conservative, dark, solid, colors and sensible jewelry!

Comments

  1. Very pretty - I always love finding something great at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Indian kurta is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know what to call it! I can always count on you :-)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh love that pink one, so retro sixties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I thought. I have to dig out a pink paisley purse that will go with it too. I can't wait to wear it with tight white capris!

      Delete
  4. Very nice! Love them both. I too am dealing with a little more pudge than I am used to. I bought 2 light blouses that I can wear alone or over a little cami or tank in hopes I can camouflage midsection. I am sort of dreading summer more than ever due to this extra weight. This inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most ladies I know shy away from wild patterns in areas where they carry bulk. Not me. I think the wilder the pattern, the less obvious the pudge is beneath!

      Delete

Post a Comment