Summer Style

Capris were not a wardrobe staple for me in the past, but I found myself wearing them again and again last summer.  Rather than rushing out to the mall or haunting retail establishments, I hit up the Salvation Army.  Of course, I shopped for half-off tags.  I managed to find two pair of whites along with a nice Talbots top which will coordinate well.

The Converse One Star cotton zip-up had no hood -- which is a popular style in our house.  I wear this jacket with my Captain America T-Shirt all of the time.  Then, there are some times where it's OK to like like the 57 year old that I am.  I thought it would go well with the gray top and white capris.  The outfit will work with white, navy or gray shoes now.  The top will be just fine with jeans or black leggins too.

Methinks I will get a lot of wear out of these pieces and that they were worth the pittance spent on them.

Comments

  1. Capris were never my thing either but, last year it was so hot in NY when I was visiting that I had to buy two pairs and now I quiet like them. In fact, I took them out yesterday and hung them behind my bedroom door. I cannot wear anything over the knee so, capris are a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I experience thigh chafing, they are a lot more useful!

      Delete
  2. I have only ever had one pair of capris. I bought pants and waited a few weeks to wear them. When I put them on, I was shocked the pants were missing below the knees Yep, I bought capris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some times that they just look like pants that were cut off or are super tide-water. I have to make sure when I'm rummaging through racks that I'm getting regular jeans/pants vs. capris. It can be a surprise!

      Delete

Post a Comment