TBG Cleans the Porch!

Our tiny back porch really ends up being more of a mud room.  After this winter, it was a real mess!  The recycling bin was always over-flowing.  We kept frozen meat and food out there when temps were super low.  Lots of dirt got dragged in.  Imagine my surprise and delight when I got home after a weekend spent by myself cleaning up the RV, to find The Big Guy took on the task of cleaning the sun porch.  He had tackled the back yard (he considers himself the Microcosm's Yard Guy), and felt this area was an extension.  It was a job that I had a mind to do, but hadn't gotten around to. Now all I need to do is keep it clean!

One thing I added, was hanging up the decorative wine rack.  TBG gave it to me for Mother's Day a couple of years ago, but I hadn't come up with the right place to hang it.  I think the spot between the side windows, under a Bully Hill winery print is the perfect place.

This corner is a nice place to sit.  The chair came from Service Merchandise -- a catalog store that has long gone out of business, where TBG was a warehouse manager.  We picked up a lot of stuff on clearance when the company went out of business.  I like the chair for this spot because it's big enough to sit in, but slim enough not to take up a lot of space.  
This is honestly what the corner looks like on a daily basis.  If it's raining, there will be a beach towel or two hanging up.  Now that the summer is under way, I will be able to dry towels outside.  My pool bag will probably be here most of the summer so I can easily throw in my sun-dried swimsuit and towels.

The porch is tiny.  From this view, you can see how cramped the space really is.  When we renovate the kitchen, benches will probably get build in and that will provide a little more room for maneuvering and storing things away.

I am so happy my guy took a couple of hours out of his weekend to clean this up for us.  It's just another place in our small world to enjoy!

Comments

  1. How nice of your husband to do that without being asked! Service Merchandise was my favorite store back in early 1990s. There was one in Hartsdale NY, where I used to live. I was so bummed when they closed. Actually, my sister got behind the steering wheel for the first time in her life in their parking lot at night when there was noone around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I miss most, is the employee discount! I amassed quite a nice fine jewelry collection. We always got half off the SM catalog price. My memory of one of the SM parking lots was that our Chevy S10 Blazer was stolen from there. That was the *BEST* SUV ever!!!

      Delete
  2. Your little porch is so charming. I just adore it with all the windows. I too loved Service Merchandise. We bought a lot of things there, especially stereo equipment. So funny, T'Pol mentioned Hartsdale. I grew up right near there and I remember the store location she went to. I wonder if she remembers Crazy Eddie's. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence! I think Crazy Eddie's was closed when I lived there between February 1991-November 1992. I lived at the High Point apartments. There was a Pathmark and Turco's for grocery shopping. Bed, Bath and Beyond was right down the hill from where I lived.

      Delete
    2. Turco's was the best! My mom shopped there all the time.

      Delete
    3. I remember Crazy Eddies -- especially their funny commercials. I worked for the company that bought them out...

      Delete
  3. What a lovely room, I could happily sit there with a glass of wine playing with Teddy! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment