Lucky & Maggy

I found another funky flower shirt for cheap!  This is 100% cotton, made by Maggy London.  The other day I was wearing a bright pink patterned shirt at the library and man stopped to comment I must have been in a good mood. Only people in a good mood would pick out such a bright shirt in the morning. I agree.  Dressing brightly brightens your day!  This shirt was four bucks minus a 25% senior discount.  It didn't look to have really been worn either.

The Lucky jeans seemed nearly new to me too.  These were a fiver, and I got the discount on them as well.  Lucky brand fits me well and are really nicely made. I do a happy dance any time I find a pair in good condition.  It was obviously my lucky day!



While purposely distressed denim with tears, rips and holes don't really appeal to me, this was actually not too bad.  I compensate for the intentional sloppy effect by ironing in a crisp crease with starch.  I think it makes the outfit look a little more preppy.  Not that I don't like Bohemian...

I wore the shirt and jeans together out to a pub.  It was going to be warm, so I wore the shirt open with a sleeveless tank under it.  I knotted up the ends in the front (a knot on each side, so the shirt could remain open).  For jewelry, I paired Keshi white pearls with green jade.  The earrings were jade and citrine, the bracelets green and pastel jade, and also a lemon quartz ring along with a few of my usual silver pieces. I wore a pair of tan low espadrille platform sandals on my feet -- and painted my nails blue!

I love a bright and cheery outfit -- even at night, and especially in the warm weather.  I really lucked out!

Comments

  1. When I was younger, I never wore bright colors. Now? I love bright colors and encourage young folks to wear them too. It does cheer me up. I love your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! To think of all the years I spent wearing black. Color rocks!

      Delete

Post a Comment