Breakfast Love

Breakfast is my favorite meal.  One of the best things about being retired, is that I can enjoy the meal every day of the week.  My favorite morning foods aren't relegated to the weekend.  This breakfast was from a Monday morning. 

When I worked, I'd often devote my Sunday morning to making enough pancakes for the week ahead.  That was if I even had time to do that!  Well, if I decide I want pancakes any day of the week now, I make them!  Same goes for coffee.

Any time I go to the trouble of making pancakes, I'll do a batch. It's nice that I can do that any day of the week now.  This batch was made with corn meal and buckwheat.  I'll brew up an entire pot of coffee in the percolator, then pour it into jars.  That way I can have coffee every morning.  Who needs a single serve Keurig? No expensive and wasteful cups -- just a jar that I use again and again, and two minutes in the microwave.

I love pancakes and coffee in the  morning, and now I can have them just about any morning I want!

Comments

  1. I really like the fact you store coffee instead of making it every day or get a fancy, expensive machine. When I worked, I scrambled enough eggs for four days and microwaved them each day. You can only microwave eggs for about 20 sec. or they will be rubbery. They were not warm at all, just room temp, but I had the taste and the protein to keep me going, but I did not have to make a mess every morning. The pancakes look and sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hate the idea of K-Cups. Such a waste in so many ways. And the stuff I store heats up just fine!

      Delete

Post a Comment