Camp Cabinet Organization

After the big clean-up, which eradicated the dead stink-bug problem, I set about re-organizing and introducing new items into our cabinets at camp.  The first thing I did, was clear out the silverware drawer under the sink. I took the stainless steel pieces and stored them under the dinette.  We are now using a full set of silver plate which I'd had at home for years, but never used.  I'm keeping it in a caddy and putting in the cabinet.  It lifts out easily to set on the picnic table. It frees up space in the old drawer for serving and cooking utensils.

I culled cooking and storage items that weren't useful (there wasn't that much to get rid of).  I made space for the percolator, hot water pot and tea pot.  Moving this equipment over-head frees up space on our countertop.  We are so limited for counter space that moving just one piece makes a difference!

I ditched the vinyl tablecloth and cut a piece of rubberized/PVC fabric the size of the table top.  I'll have to keep the shelf under the table better organized, but this looks much neater.  I'll replace the two small plastic cutting boards with actual place mats one of these days.

If you look  more closely at the table setting, you'll see nice gold-rimmed glassware.  I took pieces from my china cabinet that don't get used much at home.  We are enjoying nice dishes at camp!  Since we don't use a dishwasher, the gold rims are safe.  Also, since we don't tow our RV, there is no issue with weight.  We enjoy eating of nice dinnerware -- like the set of Spode plates I found for a buck each.  Our guest really love it too.  I'll use the old stuff when we have to take our own plates and utensils to picnics or meals at other sites.

I spend more time up at camp alone now that I have the time. It's nice that I can change things up and improve our experience.  It's a small, old trailer, but it's ours -- and we enjoy it!

Comments

  1. Good idea to use the good stuff out there - you have to hand wash it anyway. Stink bugs yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find our guests really enjoy it too. Many travel so they have to keep things simple. I am finding stink-bug "waste" still -- everywhere!

      Delete
  2. You have fancy things to use at camp. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought my sliver plated utensils would start to tarnish by now, but so far so good!

      Delete
  3. You know all those Tshirts kids wear with weird mottoes or sayings on them? I think Dead Stink Bugs would be great printed on a t-shirt. Also a good name for a rock band; The Dead Stink Bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And probably a great insult for someone you hate or are mad at!

      Delete

Post a Comment