Living In Color

A friend handed off this wooden goose cut-out.  It either came from a garage sale or garbage pick.  She's a lot like me in that respect, so it's not unusual for her to offer her seconds to me when she no longer wants them.  This is the back side.  It's obvious the piece needed to be repainted and I had a plan for it!


We needed a sign for our RV spot so that fellow campers know who we are.  This is a typical practice -- even transients put out signs to show who they are and where they come from.

I'm a wild color kind of girl, so something bold was in order.  It turned out very nicely.  Once the paint was dry, it got a couple of coats of polycrylic.  The sign is staked out on the rear left side of our RV rather than in front.  Most of the time we hang out either on our pad or below, in back, at our fire pit.  Since many folks let their male dogs lift their leg on any vertical surface, I've learned not to place anything I value up front.  Yeah, people suck.

This is another painting project in progress.  The tall chair was a hold-over from my childhood.  I'm painting it funky and wild for the same little girl I did the small white flower chair.  Here it is about 2/3 of the way through.  I've since completed the painting and detailing but need to now clear coat it.  Once it's done, there will be a post.

Even though I am color-blind, I like wild bold colors. I figure if you use every color, then no color is wrong!

Comments

  1. How cute! I cannot believe you are color blind. But I guess, there are different types of it. Wonder what type is yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am red-green, which is pretty inconvenient. I figure if you use all the colors, none of them can be wrong! This chair painting thing is turning into an addiction. I've bought a few more that I can't wait to start on.

      Delete
  2. I like your sign and the chair is a work of art! I have funky things, like a penguin of plywood that came from a barn in Ohio. I bought it for someone else, but I liked it too much to give away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our house is so small that it's hard for me to do much with what we have, so I am happy I can create something and make it into a gift. It is nice of you to consider my doodling art!

      Delete
  3. They both turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to polycoat the chair and post a picture of it fully finished!

      Delete
  4. Great job on both items! The chair is looking fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painting is finally done. From the point I took that picture, I added another few hours. Once it's clear coated, I have another chair to move on to. After that, I bought a shelf that has a door that looks like a house, so that will be a funky Troll House. I bought little troll dolls for that project. My basement is filling up with second hand pieces I've got a hankering to paint...

      Delete
  5. Both of those are darling. What a great job! I can't believe you are color blind. All of the outfits you have posted over the years match so beautifully. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually studied art and majored in art history in college. I use a lot of theory to match and make sure I know what color a piece is if I can't actually see it. I refuse to make a disability limiting and really do love color. That doesn't mean there haven't been mistakes. And growing up, my sister was very cruel and purposely told me things were different colors. That's another topic entirely! TBG does help me a lot.

      Delete

Post a Comment