My Addiction

My Dollar Tree obsession is probably therapy-worthy.  I'll go into the store looking for one particular item (in this case, Velcro strips), and come out with twenty more things.  It's just hard for me resist beauty aids.  I rationalize this by thinking that it's better for me to splurge on things that give me tactile enjoyment when they are a buck a piece, rather than spending full retail.

The lip balm in this picture is a nice smooth coconut and aloe lip balm. We go through a lot of lip balm, so my reasoning was I should stock up on this for cheap.  This "brand" is actually from a company that personalizes product for promotional purposes.  It must have been extra stock they needed to purge.  In addition, I picked up two Revlon gel-type polishes for my toes.  Getting Revlon polish for a buck is a coup.  I really wanted to buy more, but this stuff starts to clump when it gets too old, and I figure this stock was probably already kind of old.

This is the entire haul. The single pack of Velcro strips is only partially visible in this shot.  I also picked up five large bottles of eye-glass cleaner.  Since I have many pairs of glasses and TBG is an eye-glass wearer too, I thought this was a sensible product to stock up on.  We took one bottle to camp, and I sent a bottle to work with TBG -- along with a package of "liquid skin" since everyone there cuts their fingers all of the time.  A buck for that was a great price.

 You can never count on finding the same stock at all DTs, so when I see something I want, I grab it.  While working away during my two weeks at my brother-in-law's house, I frequently stopped into the store to pick up cheap supplies. Imagine my surprise when I found Skin Nutritions products. I love their stuff.  In this case, I picked up eight boxes of serum and two gold masks.  I'd not been able to find that brand anywhere else.  The masks can be found at Big Lots for about five bucks a piece, so this was a good deal.

This really is a lot of eye glass cleaner -- so we probably won't have to worry about getting any more for years.  The big bottles can be poured into smaller ones to make them more portable.  I find it's really handy to have some at my bedside since I read at night and my eye cream always gets on my lenses.

My monthly spend would probably go way down, and I'd have much more room in my storage closet, if I gave up Dollar Tree.  Unfortunately I am addicted and that addiction is readily re-enforces by the great bargains I find their.  Oh well, I could be addicted to things that are far worse... so don't try to save me!

Comments

  1. Great deals! Yes, many addictions are far worse, this is a very small indulgence :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went in today to restock my supply of birthday cards. I also picked up three spray foam Pantene conditioners, and 3 Day of the Dead candles. Oh, well, it was all just $14.48 so it could be worse!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I don't think that addiction needs a cure as long as you use all that you buy. Good finds as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my stock starts to take over, I make up a care package for my favorite college girl...

      Delete
  3. When my daughter got her apartment, the first thing I did was go to DT. I picked up stuff in every aisle, from spatulas to band-aids to envelopes..all kinds of things she probably didn't realize she'd need. My hubby brought it all out to her and she had a blast unpacking it all. I don't buy beauty aids as often as I buy sponges, macaroni, tissue paper and dryer sheets, but I can easily spend $20 a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find great little gifts in there too. One as a journal with quotes from great leaders, candles, etc. I get a better price on some vitamin/supplements too. I always go there with a wide eye!

      Delete

Post a Comment