A Garden Fit for a Dog

 I have wanted to post about a darling garden three ladies and I visited during the 2019 annual Buffalo Garden Walk.  Gardeners open their spaces to the public, who flock to the city in throngs (as in the many thousands), allowing them free access to view their yards free of charge.  The city is world-renown for this event and it's not one to be missed.
This creative lady tailored her garden to the needs of her dachshund.  A small ornate bench and table are his for lounging and outdoor enjoyment.  Isn't the shiny gold surface alluring?  Far better than the average sedate white.  Certainly, it's fit for a dog king.

For a more casual lounge, there is this diminutive garden bench in another section of the garden.  Various paths and shaded ground areas accommodate shade loving loungers as well.
  
We just loved this garden and when we have a smaller dog someday, these ideas will be incorporated into our spaces.  Methinks the small benches are worthwhile to seek out for those who live with cats as well.  I know if we had a meower, I'd be looking to replicate the same small furniture for their benefit as well.

This home owner did not have the largest, showiest or fanciest garden by any stretch.  She did, however, have some nifty ideas.  I'll post another day to show more of her great ideas.

I hope readers will find small benches for their four-leggers and share what they do to upgrade them.  Color me obsessed!

Comments

  1. There is a trend around here to take straight backed chairs and cut the legs down. For outdoors, they are painted. For indoors, the chairs have a cushion. By the way, a "straight backed chair" is a certain old timey style. You may not call it the same as we do in the South.

    I have seen nothing like the gold bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing the cut down chairs many years back along with low oriental-style dining tables. But that would be really cool to do for a short dog!

      Delete
  2. How clever to use an arbor for stacking wood. I've been looking for an old mailbox to hang on our fence that will hold my garden gloves and pruning shears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We us a mailbox to hold poop bags -- mounted on the garage. That is a great idea for small garden tools. I am gonna start looking at garage sales!

      Delete

Post a Comment