Coughing Up Savings


Mucinex Fast Max cough and cold syrup sells for eleven or twelve bucks in the drug store.  At the Dollar Tree, it's just a buck.  The Riccola Immunity Support supplement retails for six or seven bucks.  This time of year, I always find them at Dollar Tree and buy as much as I think will fit in our storage closet.   I also set aside a few for my BFF's daughter, who I am always putting together care packages for.  College kids pass around germs but don't like to spend $$ on medicine.  That's what a good aunt is for.
Not only do we want the supplement for when we have a cold, this is the type of thing we start to consume in late December as we are headed into the New Year.  It's our way to try to prevent illness.  Our major vacation is always at the end of January, so it's important to do whatever we can to keep from getting sick.

This particular lot was manufactured in England.  It's got an expiration date that isn't that far off -- which doesn't bother me.  I don't put too  much stock in the best-by dates.  IMO, they are used to get you to buy more.  As long as they aren't ten years past, I'm fine with it.

I never like us to be without cough and cold products as these types of ailments seem to sneak up on us.  Good products can be very pricey.  If you've got a Dollar Tree near you, I suggest you check for these two items.  They're a great deal and will no doubt come in handy in the cold weather.

Comments

  1. There are some medications that after an expiration date are actually harmful. But, if it is a best-buy date, it may only be less effective. But, those are very good prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will each get one whopper of a cold within the next six month and probably go through most of this!

      Delete
  2. That's funny, those products being English, I've never seen them before! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's where they were manufactured. Pharmaceutical companies have plants everywhere but maybe this stuff is sold in your country under a different name ?

      Delete
  3. I wish I could find discounted flu meds at our Dollarama. We don't have a Dollar Tree here. Great finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This stuff is always a lucky find. Medicine costs too much and I hate spending money when I am sick....it's like a double punishment!

      Delete
  4. I am going to check out our dollar trees this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always by off label cough and cold products there so it is nice to stumble upon the brand name product for sure.

      Delete
  5. Glad you got bargain on it. Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lady behind me at the checkout realized what it was and hightailed it back to get a stash of her own!

      Delete

Post a Comment