Grout - Revisited

I posted last month about my re-grouting project.  Well, I revisited the area and put down another layer of grout.  Jimmy-Jam suggested that I wiped too much off when I was cleaning off the excess.  It took me a while to get back to the project, so I protected the entire area with a plastic shelf liner. TBG hated that! He hates my propensity to cover surfaces in order to protect them.  I just didn't want any extra debris or moisture to settle into the grout.

I re-applied the grout on a Saturday morning, then we mostly ate take-out for the weekend.  It was sealed on Monday.  Now that I see the finished product, I realize what a difference it makes.  This should last a lot longer than my first effort.  The other side of the sink isn't on my agenda until after Thanksgiving, but I'll have more experience and not need to do it twice.

On only a slightly related note, I picked up another useful tool at Home Depot -- a stubby hammer.  These are about five bucks and I made TBG get three so we have one for each car.  I think I'll grab one more for me to have around the house.  These are easier for me to use and also not as bulky to carry around.  And not only are they useful, they're kinda cute!

Comments

  1. Ha, I have never seen a stubby hammer. Why do want them for the car? Just because they re less bulky? I am going to look for one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It is handy to have them on hand and the smaller they are, the less space. Plus, they fit in either the compartment between the front seats or in the glove box. Should the highly unlikely event that we get submerged in deep water, they might help break through a side window too!

      Delete
  2. I too would like to know why you want a hammer for your car. lol Grout looks great btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make plans with Tommy, and he participates because he has too. I make sure we are on the same page that if one of us is kidnapped and on the phone and says "I am fine," that it means there is trouble. If we are flying off a bridge in a car, we'll open our doors and jump out. So now, if we are plunged under water, we have a way to break free. OK, and we also have a handy tool on hand. In the summer, a part on one of the Benz's side doors jammed and we hit it with a big rock to break it off. The stubby hammer would have been very helpful then!

      Delete

Post a Comment