Olive Oil Bargain

I am willing to buy many things near or past their expiration date.  As long as the product is sealed and not perishable, the likelihood of it actually going bad is low enough, that it's not something I worry about.

This cache of First Press Athenos Extra Virgin Olive Oil is certified as authentic and from Greece.  We really like olive oil from Greece (however, Portugal is probably better).  This is not a product that I have seen locally in grocery stores. The brand is very familiar, as that's a common, good quality brand for Greek food products and I often see it in specialty stores.

The average retail per bottle is between five and seven dollars.  When I saw it stocked at the Dollar Tree this weekend, I grabbed every bottle on the shelf.  Once at the register, someone behind me commented "I didn't know they had that!"  I replied "Well, they don't anymore," as I had grabbed the lot.  Of course I will check when I am back in the store to see if more comes in to stock.

The expiration date on these bottles is for March of 2020.  That's no big deal because all of this will be used up by then.  We easily go through two bottles per month, so this was a really good deal.


Comments

  1. I store all oils in the refrigerator. That is a good price, an excellent price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have enough room in the fridge but do have a cooler spot in the basement, so that's where it's gone.

      Delete
  2. Such a deal! I am going to check our Dollar Tree and see if they have it on their shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what you're going to find. And if you find something good, you never know if you are going to find it again. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason, which is why I just try to give the store a good look each time I go in.

      Delete
  3. How big are the bottles? Great find!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment