Pitcher Perfect

This is one of my latest garage sale pottery finds.  It appeared that someone was likely clearing out a parent's home and was interested in moving merchandise rather than making money.  This Villeroy & Boch pitcher was two bucks!  I loved the design when I first spotted it and new it would be a quality piece.  The stamp on the bottom confirmed I was right and I couldn't hand over my money fast enough.

This funky flower pitcher is admittedly either tacky, wild, or old-ladyish -- I can't decide.  But I thought it was cool.  I think it was made by the woman who lived in the house. Her name is on the bottom -- Louise Funk.  Why drop twenty bucks at a big-box discount store to buy a massed produced piece from who-knows-where, when you can buy something made locally?

Here's better detail.  I can imagine a bunch of summer flowers in this -- or else maybe some lemonade.  One thing I think I can be certain of, is that nobody else has a piece like this.  It was worth the two bucks I dropped on it as well.

I did also buy a couple of vases, which I'll post about separately.  This was a sale I'm glad I pulled over for!

Comments

  1. I'm eyeing that striped one in the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of my favorite finds from last summer. I think I paid a buck for it!

      Delete
  2. Those are both really nice and bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now pressed to find places to store my finds! I clear that surface off in the fall to bring in my huge aloe vera plant.

      Delete
  3. Aren't yard sale wonderful. All sort of deals. Yard sale in my area is pretty much done until next spring.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same this this past weekend myself. Well, there might be an estate sale here or there, but those are reliably over-priced!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I thought it was also very appropriate that the lady who created them had the last name "Funk." They are funky for sure!

      Delete
  5. I love your collection of pitchers! I have a very odd triangular one with an owl and some Japanese fans on it in pastel colors. The handle looks like bamboo. My grandmother collected majolica pottery and this was one of the more whimsical pieces. Oh, just found one on line exactly like it. It is hard to describe so here is a link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/459156124489560445/?lp=true

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that one is so cool! I try when I can to research the marks on the bottom, but it's not often that easy. I love majolica, you are so lucky to have this piece.

      Delete
    2. I love Majolica for its weirdness. I have all of her collection and I treasure every piece.

      Delete

Post a Comment