Hang it Up!

I added another over the door storage piece to the kitchen.  Previously, the aprons hung off the end of our wall-mounted lid rack.  We use that rack to prop and the lids for all the pots on the rack.  Since the rack doesn't sit very high, the apron ties would hit the floor and I had to avoid them whenever I vacuumed.

The rack has six hooks on it and I got it in the bath section at Big Lots.  They had a nicer looking one in the kitchen section but it was $6.50 and I am cheap.

Another thing I did, was press a wicker waste basket into use for our bottle bin.  The white plastic tub from Dollar Tree is too flimsy on its own.  Luckily, it fits into this basket and will keep moisture away from the wicker.  There was an older plastic garbage bin in the basement which I was able to clean up and put in the upstairs office that I took the wicker basket from.

On a totally unrelated note, the copper molds on the wall are from my childhood home. I have hung them in many a kitchen we lived in.  Periodically I would take them down and scrub the dust/grease off of them.  Not sure why I wasted my time. It finally occurred to me once I started putting the exhaust fan filters in the dishwasher, that I ought to do the same with these once a month.  It's funny what occurs to you once you start posting.  Yeah, like how dirty is my apron? Now that I'm showing it, I realize it's time to bleach it or give it a good long soak!

Comments

  1. I love over the door racks/hangers! I cannot tell the apron is stained/dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more doors in this house so I could employ them more frequently. Finding any way to increase storage around here is a real challenge. I do still need to soak that apron...

      Delete
  2. Basket look like excelent way of storage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those wall-mounted baskets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to have that small spot open. There aren't many places to choose from and these can easily be carried down and the contents dumped in the basement until we are ready to make a recycling run.

      Delete
  4. You are very good at organizing. If you have open spots on top of your cupboard a lady we know told us to put parchment paper or newspapers up there (no one sees it). Then when they get nasty you just throw them out, no scrubbing and replace them with new paper. Merry Christmas to you, your hubby and your fur baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays to you too! I am going to put down newspaper over the one set of cabinets that aren't enclosed with a soffit. That, and above the fridge. What great ideas!

      Delete

Post a Comment