Spiffing up Blue Fabric Shoes

These are a pair of fabric shoes that I've had for a number of years.  They were, of course, a thrift find.  I am guessing I paid less than three bucks for these Aigner blue pumps.  Mostly, I've worn them in the spring and summer.  They are my go-to shoes for our yearly Caribbean vacation because they work for either cocktail receptions or even more formal meals.  I like them because they are light-weight and comfortable to wear with bare feet.

This pair was a little dirty.  They didn't need a lot of clean up, but there were some stains from my last wearing (I remember walking in damp grass at a resort in Jamaica).  It can be a tricky thing to clean fabric shoe material without creating water stains.

This after picture has some glare so it really doesn't show how well they cleaned up.  I used cotton balls soaked with Micellar water.  Yep, it's a water-based make-up remover.  I dabbed all over the stain, then when that started to fade, I went all over the shoe.

Once the shoes were dried, I lightly brushed in one direction with the scrubby side of a foam sponge.  The sponge was dry.  Then after I used the scrubby side, I finished with the cellular side.

The shoes cleaned up very nicely and you can't tell there was ever any water marks or smudges on them.

This year I will wear them with a white lace dress and a dark blue cotton wrap.  Totally worth the three bucks I spent, and the additional effort in spiffing them up again.

Comments