Thrift Fix

It's a rare thing for me to buy new shoes... but who needs to when you can get good quality second hand?  Two of my favorite brands are Born and Bally.  They are well made products and I will wear them until they are shot.  While I generally try for like-new condition, when you buy a better brand, lightly worn works too -- they'll hold up better than a lightly worn cheap shoe.  Whenever I find Bally in good condition and in my size, I pounce.  Best of all, I think these are an older style and classic Bally is my favorite.

These will clean up just fine.  The special today was on green and yellow labels, so the sandals were $1.50 and the flats were two bucks (I've seen them selling used on-line for sixty-five, so I don't think I over paid!).

When I first noticed them, I thought they would be a great shoe for spring and summer, however, I think the color is fine for winter as well.  Here they are with grey socks.

The wear is most noticeable on the heel, but I can clean that up and also hit any nicked leather with a gold paint marker.  Best of all, these are comfortable!

My total spend was $9.91 and consisted of two light jackets and a pair of slacks.  The wine color will work for winter, fall, and probably even early spring.  I think I can pair the slacks and the shoes with one of the jackets.  This one is a linen rayon mix and was two bucks.  The slacks were two bucks too.

I think both jackets will pair nicely with the sandals.  We are flying to St. Martin in January, so one jacket and the sandals will come along.

I think this jacket would look fine with the slacks too.  The flats wouldn't go with this ensemble, but I have another suede pair that will.

Not a bad haul for less than ten bucks!


Comments

  1. Love a good quality secondhand shoe especially when somebody else has gone to the trouble of wearing them in! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can't beat wearing a shoe that no one else is probably going to show up in too!

      Delete
  2. You did really well. I especially like the blue shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw them, I fell in love, then assumed they couldn't possibly be my size! Lucky me :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment