Big Lots Post-Christmas Clearance

This plastic beverage jug was the reason for my trip to Big Lots earlier this month.  I wanted a way to carry hydration to the beach during our trip to St. Maarten.  Since we were booked into an all-inclusive, this cheap vacationer decided to bring the means to take along included drinks when we went off-resort.  Once the sticker was off this, I put one of my designer name tags on it.

The store had some good post-holiday mark-downs but I was only going to pounce if the deals were 75% or more.  Things worked in my favor as the wrapping paper was 85 cents per roll and the chargers were 75% off.  I paid $1.25 per piece and picked up six.


This paper will be saved for next year.  We do still have a few rolls left from last year's clearance run, but the price was too good to pass up.  While I can get cheaper paper at Dollar Tree, this stuff was less expensive and the rolls were larger too.

Methinks the glitter paper can be used year-round since I am a blingy sort of girl.  This was also 85 cents per roll, so I thought it would be worth it to grab one in gold and another in silver.

I have had my eye on chargers for some time and loved these tin pieces.  They normally sell for eight bucks a piece, which is too high for my cheap tastes.  What I like about them, is that you can dress them up or down.  They are substantial too -- real metal.  Here's how they look paired with my good dishes.  I know I can use them at on our dining table year-round.


Here's what they look like with my every day dishes.  I love porcelain and use it for both my fine and daily dishes.  It's pretty and durable, much like these chargers.  I'll use these in the house and out on the patio.  They make a lot of sense because they fit in with our aesthetic, they will last forever, and most of all... they were inexpensive!

This is the way I shop seasonal clearance -- either buy and save for the next year, or find things that will work for four seasons. 

What did you find for Christmas clearance treasure?

Comments

  1. I only bought Christmas cards. oh, I bought a stocking for each of us that had our initial, both marked down before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the cards but they weren't marked down enough. Of course, if I found some with a Golden Retriever on it, I'd have jumped. I still think I'll find the very dregs of merchandise marked down more elsewhere...

      Delete

Post a Comment