Color Coded Thrifting

I probably spend too much time and money in thrift stores, but I continue to do it because it's my only regular form of entertainment.  Everyone needs a hobby and mine costs less than ten bucks per week (and I don't do this every week either).   One way I try to keep things in check, is to shop for items that are color coded as specials.  The Salvation Army near us offers two colors at half price each week and one color at 99 cents.  For example, these shoes set me back $1.98.  They're both leather and hardly (if even) worn.

 These jeans were a buck too.  They were not worth the tag price because they needed mending.  Even half off would have been too much.  A buck, well, that's just fine.  I've mended them and will use them to bum around in.

 This shirt was a splurge.  Although I had planned to only buy green labels, this half price white labelled item caught my eye.  Since it would still keep my total under seven bucks (including tax), I decided to splurge.

I spent $2.50 on this shirt, $2 on shoes and $1 on the jeans.  That was my cheap and easy thrift fix, and I think I did pretty well.  It's probably bad that I have this addiction, but at least it's not likely to bankrupt me!

Comments

  1. Well, it appears you re a functioning addict, successful, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for tossing that term my way, I am using it for sure!

      Delete
  2. I have the same addiction, my closet has never looked so good lol. I now am limiting what I buy to sweaters and pants because that is all I need right now. I picked up a great pair of Calvin Klein black cords for $1 this month but due to crappy weather I haven't been back in the thrifts....itching to get back there :) Well done on your shopping. Shoes are so bloody expensive if you spend retail, I only do that for good walking shoes which are hard to find used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also draw the line at running/walking shoes, unless they are in the original box with tags still affixed. I've lightened up on swimsuits, thanks to Vix. Our town has a very competitive swim program and I think they donate unsold suits at the end of the year. I've gotten good bargains, but these days are a tad to chubby to have much luck in the sizes the school sells. But they are good brands like Tyre and Dolphin. I wish I could find size 11.5EEEE for TBG, but that is impossible!

      Delete

Post a Comment