CPAP Storage

CPAP/Bi-PAP units are ugly things and don't add at all to bedroom decor.  Not to worry, I came up with a cheap and easy way to store and disguise the unit, mask, and hose, using photo boxes from Michaels.  I think the boxes both set me back about five bucks.

For the mask, I cut a section out of the side of one box so that the hose could fit through. I made it deep enough to take into account that some of it would be blocked by the lid.  I keep a piece of cloth to soak up any moisture that might remain after cleaning, and also tuck in disinfecting wipes to be used in the morning on days I won't be cleaning the mask.

Once the hose and mask are in the box and the lid is on, it's hard to tell what is inside! That was exactly the effect I was going for.

The main part of the unit required two slots in the box -- one for the hose and another for the power chord.  This box was exactly the right size for this purpose.

The unit sits in the lid of the box, on the bedside table next to TBG.  It's covered up during the day and all he has to do at night, is lift up the box and set it aside.  It takes about three seconds.

Here is the bedside table.  I set the box with the unit in the back and it just blends in.  The box with the mask is on the floor.  There are two other boxes that hold extra junk and fit in with everything else.  You can't really see the hose or power cables  because they are in back of the table.  I make sure he always has a supply of distilled water right by it all, so it never takes long for him to get it all set up each night.  Now, keeping it on all night, that's another story!

Comments

  1. It is pretty much out of sight. The boxes will keep the CPAP from getting dusty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly another plus to this strategy!

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I will never see that word without thinking it says CRAP. Just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! I have had spell check suggest it. I do sometimes refer to my fella as CPAP Vader because the sound the mask makes when he's wearing it.

      Delete

Post a Comment