ID Name Tags

Last year we went to Jamaica and TBG left his Nook at the airport when we went through customs.  Since they knew where we were staying, they had it sent to our resort.  We were lucky!  In preparation for our 2020 vacation, I decided to make some ID tags for both of us so we could stash them in luggage, carry-ons, on devices, etc.  Each label was created using wallet size photos that I got developed through CVS using a buy one get two free deal.

I copied a fabric pattern for each of us.  His is preppy/masculine.  Mine is tropical/girlie.  We each have cards made from three sheets of wallet prints, which set me back about four bucks.  This will be enough to make 12 tags each.

I taped one card into the sleeve of my Nook and inserted another one into the wallet I'll be carrying with me.  Since I don't like to bring my full wallet with its myriad of cards in it, I always switch to a travel wallet so I can bring only what I need.

TBG printed up contact information and I cut the sheets up, then used a glue stick to adhere it to the back of each card.  It's not perfect or very fancy, but a little more interesting than either a blank card or the standard tags you get with your luggage.

I like to peruse fabric patterns from some of my favorite artists/designers.  Just snipping a copy and saving it for use like this gives me a way to take something ho-hum and utilitarian and put a twist to it.

If you're interested in doing this, just be sure to copy and paste the design into a size that corresponds to the size of the print you are going to order.  Images on line are generally quite small and this can mean the resolution isn't adequate to print.   For me, that often means taking many different samples and creating a patchwork. I can then order an 8 x 10 and cut it into smaller pieces -- or use it for something big like the cover of a file folder.  It is much easier to do wallet sizes, then bring them into something like Paint, where you can then put text over it.

Not sure if this type of thing would interest others, but it's just another way I manage to use photo developing sales to create crafty stuff. 

Comments

  1. That is interesting. I just wish I knew how to use Paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy to use, just fool around with it. There are always youtube tutorials when you're not really sure!

      Delete
  2. Alex, how cool is this idea? One could also do some really snazzy business cards with some personality! Wanted to say, we FINALLY got a Wegman's in my area of VA. Having heard you mention Weggies for YEARS, I was so excited to go there for the first time last Thursday! What a great place. We were able to buy our favorite flavored canned seltzer (like Bubbly) for $2 less, Weggie's brand in better flavors...tangerine lime for one. Thank you so much for mentioning Wegman's over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my way of not having to order business cards. It is pricey, unless you get a good deal on the reprints. Oh, do I love Weggies. I live further away here at the new house, but I also think I'd be spending a lot more on groceries. The place just makes me want to shop! So nice that you can experience the wonder of Weggies too :-) You will love the FYFGA label. My first suggestion, is the kitchen cut tomatoes.

      Delete

Post a Comment