Personal Touches

Our bedroom is where we keep most of our personal photographs.  In this case, the bedside table opposite from the one I posted yesterday has a black and white portrait done of me and my beloved Border Collie, Woody.  TBG likes the clock on that side so it doesn't distract him during the night.  The fabric storage container on the bottom shelf was darkened with a coat of grey spray paint, in order to make it blend in better with the room.  It also tones down the feminine vibe.


My dresser has a storage unit that holds stuff like antacid, more cold meds, extra cough drops, etc.  The side shelves have small containers that hold spare change, earbuds, watches, etc.  There is a small Batman box which matches TBGs water bottle, and a Marvel watch box.  Behind it all, is a big piece of tie-dyed fabric a friend made.  The cloth on top of the dresser is a half piece of a wall hanging found at Five Below -- on clearance for $2.50.  It fit in with the vibe of the room, so I found a way to use it.

TBG's dresser has the same material on top.  The organizing bin holds his glucose testing, supplies, a pad for tracking his levels along with his blood pressure, plus a few other odds and ends.  Again, the whole toy theme has a spot with a miniature Buzz Lightyear toy.  We love our toys!

The print is a canvas from CVS which I had printed on sale.  I took the picture of the Sodus Point light house during the winter and felt it was the right piece for the room.  All of the pictures here are from vacations (except the small one in the heart frame, which is a wedding shot).

I do my best to patrol the dresser tops because a certain someone tens to clutter or leave items on them.  In order to make our bedroom a peaceful retreat, I try to keep messes to a  minimum.  I've done what I can to display meaningful personal items and to also find a place to stash necessities.  We won't be given any design awards for this room, but it has been a nice little project to check off my list of things to do to make our home better in 2019.  While the pictures are the main personal touch, the biggest thing was picking the color, fixture and items to fit TBG's preferences so that he had a room geared specifically to him.  While this is the master bedroom, I consider it "his" room.

Comments

  1. You have done well with your choices. I love the lighthouse picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this, I'm nosy and enjoy seeing how my virtual pals live! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment