Rare Targent Run... Savings Done!

Target is not in my regular rotation of shopping stops.  It's just too pricey.  Even their mark-downs don't make enough of a dent in their too-high prices.  That must make me cheap, since most people think their prices are great.  In any event, my early January trip into the store was fruitful.  I did not find any good Christmas seasonal mark-downs, but I found clearance deals on things we needed -- which I was surprised and delighted to come across.  Case in point, Neutrogena body oil.  We were down to our last bottle so it was going to be time to check Amazon for a good price.  This stuff isn't easy to find in brick and mortar outlets, so even price isn't the issue that drives me on-line. Lucky for me, the price was great.  TBG loves this stuff and insists on having it in the house.

There was a clearance deal on sunscreen that fit into my need to bring some on vacation. These days, spray-on is my preferred method of application. I find we get a better coat and it reaches everywhere.  There was plenty of time to use before the can expired.  I was swayed to buy it because it was a bonus size and a tear free formula.  The shorts were a great find too as TBG only wants to wear cargo shorts that hit right above his knees.  They generally aren't that easy to find.

The pants set me back five bucks.  There is no way in the world I'd have paid fifty bucks for them.  Even on a regular Target mark-down of twenty five would have been too much.  Nope, I'm a pennies on the dollar sorta girl.  Luckily, these fit great and made the cut as the shorts he wanted to bring on our trip.

The price on the body oil beat anything I found on-line. I didn't check first as I had a rough idea of what I'd need to spend. It was easier just to grab the two bottles they  had.  The discount wasn't huge, but it was still a  money saver.  I did not find a better price on-line once I looked.

Target isn't my favorite store, but I've done relatively well there in the past couple of months.  It pays to walk the entire store and check all clearance opportunities.  I'm always on the look-out for the yellow stickers.  That's the only way I want to get a Target run Done!

Comments

  1. I did not know that Target carried Sonoma products. I thought it was a Kohl's brand. I never went into a Target store while I was in the US. WalMart was in a more convenient location. I like TJ Maxx and Marshalls when it comes to clothing. As always, you did really well with your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get confused between the Target and Kohl's store brands. I rarely shop at either chain, but after the new year it's always worth it to look. I like TJ's and Marshall's, but hate their checkout configurations.

      Delete
  2. I cannot walk in Target, so I have been in there twice over ten years ago, got what I wanted and left. I had not any energy to look at clearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually get a little uncomfortable in Target, and that's even more the case now that they have a new layout that makes it harder to navigate their stores in a linear fashion. I actually avoid it if I can but will occasionally brave a trip in. Luckily it was worth it this time!

      Delete

Post a Comment