99 Cent Champ

I hit the Salvation Army the day before my trip to St. Maarten, interested in finding a jacket to bring on the trip.  My resolve to only purchase 99 cent clearance items was no obstacle.  Even the clerk who rang me up was impressed. 

With the aim to buy items that were blue, I hit a home run.  The striped shirt was what I wore to travel.  While I had planned to wear the blue Louis Dell 'Olio jacket for my airport days, I was able to form an alternate plan.

The blue jacket is quite pretty.  Checking sites that sell this brand second hand, it would be a good consignment price at $10.99 -- although that seems a little high for my tastes at a thrift.  At 99 cents, it was a real bargain.  Best of all, I was able to clean it in the washing machine using the gentle cold cycle.  I really like both the color and the jacquard pattern.

A surprise find, were these two jackets.  I ended up wearing the denim one under a puffer vest on our travel days.  It's tough when you go from a snowy climate to a tropical one in the same day.  The vest was stowed in our carry-on once we got into the airport, but the jacket was helpful to have on the flight.

The bonus find was a reversible jacket with a hood.  I've been searching for one to keep at camp for ages.  Not only does this one fit the bill from a style perspective, it is functionally exactly what was needed; the right weight for three seasons and a casual design.

This haul set me back four dollars.  I went into the store with only five bucks in my pocket and think I did a great job by finding almost $40 worth of ticketed items at a 90% savings.  Does that make me a champ?

Comments

  1. I do admire your thrift skills. Great job! I like the striped shirt best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What I particularly like about that shirt, is the anchor pattern on the cuffs and interior facings.

      Delete
  2. I love the reversible coat and the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reversible coat will be great to wear at camp and I can't believe my good luck at finding it at that price. Things like this feed my addiction ;-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Both were brands I don't usually look for because they are store brands that I generally don't care for. But it was a real nice surprise to find that they were just want I'd wanted and at the price I was aiming for.

      Delete

Post a Comment