What I Did Right

My vacation accessory selection was spot-on.  This large Vera  Bradley shopping tote was great for toting around beach gear and holding purchases.   The large blue tropical print shirt was a gift to TBG that was too small, so I wore it over my bathing suit here and there.  The sandals were all worn.  I splurged on a pair of clearance Teva's last fall -- at the same time I scored a very hard to find pair of Croc sandals for TBG.  Everything except the Teva's and shirt were thrift finds that have seen a lot of wear.  The Teva's were great for walking around, the plaid J Crew sandals worked great going to and from the pool, and the white Born pair went nicely with my white gauze top and lace skirt ensemble.

This Dooney Bourke mini knapsack was a $3 garage sale find.  There is a faint water stain on it which I've tried to scrub away with only a small amount of success.  It was perfect to hold my vacation wallet, which was a TJ Maxx clearance find, purchased for 8 bucks (five of which were on a gift card).  The gold clutch is a church basement find for a dollar that I carried for dinner and drinks most nights. It held a brush and tissues perfectly.  The gold jewelry carrier was a clearance find from Khol's and I was able to fit a modest assortment of baubles. I did lose one and a half pair of earrings... lesson: don't ask a man to empty the hotel safe, they don't notice jewelry. Oh well!

I am no longer going to bring along any jewelry of value.  Most of this is costume.  I do love the chunky necklace as it's gold and silver -- so it goes with just about everything.   Not pictured, is a gold tone watch, which I really only needed while traveling.  And even that was a bit inconvenient as we went forward and back in time zones a couple of times.

All in all, I packed very well from an accessories standpoint.  At least that much went well.

Comments

  1. Nice assortment. You did well. Sorry about the jewelry. Tommy was to clean out the bottom of the closet, and he came back and reported it was just junk. I had him bring it ALL to me. The junk was parts to a child's cookie press my mother gave my daughter. sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have learned this lesson from a box that he brought to a thrift years ago. There was a blazer in it that had jewelry in the pocket. But it's my ultimate responsibility to account for my own valuables!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This wallet is RFID protected too, which keeps my credit cards and such better protected. I particularly like that it only cost me three dollars of my own funds!

      Delete

Post a Comment