White Tags, His & Hers

I have to admit, that sometimes I feel a bit guilty about my thrift store habit.  One way I assuage my guilt, is to be sure to find stuff for The Big Guy.  Clothes shopping can be exasperating when you are his size -- tall, broad, with a long torso and short legs.  Then there's what big people consider the "size tax" where clothing for either plus size or big and tall folks are more expensive.  I get it, more fabric is required.  But they don't give a discount to people who are extra small...
These three sweaters were a great find.  Sometimes I misjudge a size only to have him give it a thumbs down for fit.  It's not such a big deal, since each piece was 99 cents.  I also picked up three pieces for myself -- a cardigan, polo shirt, and short sleeved cotton top.

One thing I need to keep in mind, is that I shouldn't use Saturday as my shopping day.  The color mark downs begin on Monday and by Saturday, not as much are left. Also, the staff starts culling the tickets that day too, so I really had to search.  Regardless, I did very well for six bucks.  Best of all, TBG liked and fit into everything I found.

Comments

  1. As you say, even if you miss the mark on buying clothes for him at .99 you can afford to make a mistake or two. So much cheaper than buying new

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found an awesome jacket that was too small, so I sent it to work with him. One of the guys who works for him will certainly fit in it. So it will go to a good home!

      Delete
  2. At those prices it's well worth taking a punt, you can redonate if they're wrong, can't you? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I either re-donate or pass along to anyone I know who can wear the item. I try to take good care of my clothes and often re-donate something I'd thrifted years before. Gotta keep the cycle going!

      Delete
  3. Those are great buys. For $0.99 you can give to a clothes closet without pain or storing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass stuff along to the program at the school my friend works at, I think. I should have a box full by this summer when I see her again. Sometimes I will cut a piece up and use the fabric.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I often buy things and reuse the material for other things. It's a good use in the recycling circle. I have made many a childs outfit from adult clothes.

      Delete
  4. Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

    Over 160 000 men and women are utilizing a simple and SECRET "liquid hack" to burn 2lbs each and every night in their sleep.

    It is very simple and it works every time.

    Here's how you can do it yourself:

    1) Take a clear glass and fill it up half glass

    2) Now use this strange HACK

    you'll become 2lbs thinner the very next day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment