Another Winter Markdown

I went to Walmart today in search of an RV sewer hose but couldn't find the kind I wanted.  There were a few grocery and HBA items I also wanted.  And of course no trip is complete without a trip to the clearance aisle.  I am glad I circled by!

Winter is over here.  Teddy swam in the river today and our outdoor furniture is in place.  This was the perfect time to buy a marked down electric snow shovel.

We have a snow blower but it needs a tune-up.  TBG often has trouble starting it and doesn't want me to even touch it.  Another issue is that our new fence only opens outward.  That's a problem when it snows and we want to open the gate to clear the driveway.  Also, there are plenty of times I need to shovel during the day and it's not practical to use the snow blower.

This device will be perfect. I can plug it in using the outlet in our driveway or the one just inside our front door. I will be able to do our porch, sidewalk, and the area in front of the fence.  It will also reach over to Neighbor Dave's sidewalk and porch.  That means I can do him a solid because he's always hitting our sidewalk when he does his.

The box was damaged, so I'm having TBG assemble and start it this weekend to be sure it is all OK.  I paid $35 for it, which is about half price.  This is a winter snow tool we will use and I know I could have waited until next year. I also could have probably found one on-line.  Going on-line would have probably involved shipping charges, and waiting until next season would have doubled the price.

This trip to the clearance aisle was certainly worthwhile!

Comments

  1. It is always good to prepare for future use, especially when saving money is involved. I do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, like how people are over-buying now in a panic. I have all we need because I grab stuff when I find a bargain. Cold supplies? I have a shelf full. And now I am prepared for next winter's first snow!

      Delete
    2. Most of the time, all I buy are the BOGO and sale items, discontinued, and try to use coupons. So, there is always plenty of food. I did go today and posted the items I bought on my blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment