Christmas in February

This mark-down maven is still on the prowl for holiday clearance items.  A huge haul landed in my stockpile a few weeks ago.  All this swag set me back about fifteen bucks.  It's easy to be generous when you can find gifts like this for cheap!  Most of the lot was from Office Max but the stockings came from Big Lots.  On clearance at 90% off with an additional 20% off the final price, the large ones were ten cents per piece and the small one was seven.  Stockings like this are great to use in place of gift bags.  They are also much more re-usable since they won't tear.

It was a big surprise to see dog toys in Office Max.  They probably carry them now since so many workplaces make allowances for pets.  Aside from my own girl, we have many four legged friends.  One of the "tree" sticks will be a birthday present for her, the rest will go to doggy friends at Christmas.   Each toy was around a buck -- and the quality far superior to anything I could find at Dollar Tree.
Every year, TBG's business has a holiday event for customers.  They put out a nice buffet and wear ugly Christmas sweaters.  I am always looking for ways to do nice things for the boys since they are all such great fellows and contribute greatly to my guy's success.  A rather large chunk of our income comes from sales goals, so they really make a big difference to our quality of life -- that, plus I really like all of them.  They are a great team.  The beer/bottle sweaters will go to them all on ugly Christmas sweater day -- so they can dress their soda cans and water bottles up as tackily as they do themselves.  And I will say, they all out-do themselves each year with ugly sweaters.  The pens will go with the little sweaters.

My guess is I've probably seen the end of whatever holiday mark-downs are lingering on shelves.  That's OK, I will turn my attention to Valentine's over-stock.  There are always holiday mark-downs to be had, so it's worth keeping an eye out!

Comments

  1. You never know when you are going to find a bargain, great finds, especially the dog toys and drink sweaters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now making it a point to go in Office Max every other week or so. I need to post about the $98 I "saved" today. They do actually have an end cap devoted to dog toys, so it is worth checking there periodically.

      Delete
  2. I get the markdowns, too. I wrote about a free, huge Coca Cola Santa given to me in January and a troll told me it was a dated post...in other words, no Christmas talk after Christmas....stupid troll! Bargains are allowed anytime. Great finds you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only time to find these kinds of bargains is if you're scavenging out of season... like waaaay out of season. Idiot!

      Delete
  3. I love a good markdown sale. The drink sweaters are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that one of the guys has a sweater that looks an awful (and I use that adjective correctly) lot like one of the drink sweaters!

      Delete
  4. Do you realize there's a 12 word sentence you can say to your partner... that will trigger intense emotions of love and instinctual attractiveness to you buried within his heart?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, worship and protect you with all his heart...

    12 Words That Trigger A Man's Love Response

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's brain that it will drive him to work harder than before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    In fact, triggering this influential instinct is absolutely essential to having the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You'll instantly notice him expose his mind and soul for you in such a way he's never experienced before and he will identify you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly fascinated him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment