Hooked on Hooks

I have wanted to hang my cast iron ever since we moved in, but just never got around to doing it.  Mostly it was a hook acquisition problem.   While shopping at Walmart two weeks ago, I picked up two packages of hooks so I could actually get around to doing this.

These pans are heavy, so I knew they'd have to be coat hooks and not something flimsy.  The wood in our house is over 200  years old, so they screwed in very securely.  Before they were stacked on a shelf under a utility table and I was constantly having to move them to get to other things.  Pulling them off a hook will be a lot easier.
I think I will use them more now that they are in full view. It will be important to make sure they are clean and dry so they don't mark the white paint.  I went with the polished chrome hooks because they match the stainless in the kitchen as well as our sink fixtures, and drawer knobs/pulls.

TBG is not a big fan of hooks, but then again, he doesn't struggle with cookware and our storage limitations as much as I do.  Besides, methinks they look kinda cool on display in our basic/unmodern kitchen.

Comments

  1. Great idea. We really went all out with finding storage in our home last year, so glad I bought extra baskets and such, they are really coming in handy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy things that I believe will help storage, even if I don't know what exactly I will do -- of course these purchases must be on a good sale or steep discount. I'm trying to clear as much clutter as I can, but we still need stuff! Hooks and baskets are a life saver for sure.

      Delete
  2. Nothing better than a cast iron skillet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost all my cast iron. Putting your cast iron on hooks will certainly make it easier to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear about that! Many folks don't like it because it is so heavy, but I love for both stove-top and oven.

      Delete
  4. Love a cast iron pan - great idea to have yours hanging up and easy to access! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I will do more of, is deep frying. They are the best when it comes to conducting heat for that.

      Delete

Post a Comment