Shoe Racks

I have added additional shoe storage in the area I hung the five hooks.  Winter in Western NY is fickle, so I really do need rain boots, sneakers, snow boots, dry weather boots, plus both brown and black walking shoes.   TBG needs casual shoes, walking shoes, work shoes/boots, and sneakers.  We always had a jumbled mess of footwear by the door.  I had put the lower rack in place last year but found it wasn't enough storage.  As a result, TBG would leave his shoes by the door.  Instead, I have now designated the low rack for his use alone.

The solution I found was a marked-down (duh, I hardly ever buy full retail) bathroom storage shelf.  I found it for less than half price in Aldi's aisle of temptation.  It wasn't something I was looking for, but when I saw it marked down to $9.99, I knew it would work just fine for my shoes.  If I remember correctly, it was originally $24.99.  This type of shelving is easy to find but generally in the $20 range, so I knew it was a good bet.

I'll have more room on the shelves once winter has passed, as those boots are pretty clunky.  The piece was easy to assemble and remarkably sturdy.  It was worth the ten bucks for sure.  And I must admit, I really enjoy looking at my less cluttered front door.  Now the only thing left is to find an attractive way to hold our myriad of re-usable shopping bags.  Plastic bags are now illegal in our state, so our stash of shopping totes need to be ever ready.  Don't worry, I'll come up with a plan!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. One thing I did was to put all the bags into one bag and then hang it on the kitchen doorknob.

      Delete
    2. I am running out of surfaces to put hooks. TBG's shoes are so big that a rack makes more sense for him anyway. I have found a bag solution I'll have to post about!

      Delete
  2. I like the way have your purse hung up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dora. I was warned that this would make the straps wear out sooner, but this bag is super tough and I've seen no sign of stress on them. If I notice that, I will do something, but I have been hanging it for a couple of years now. There's that superstition if you set you purse on the floor, you'll lose money. So I am very mindful of where I store it!

      Delete

Post a Comment