Utility Sink Caddy

This metal mesh bicycle basket was a clearance Target find that was 70% off.  While I might use it on my bicycle if I decide to run errands with it, I actually procured it for a different purpose.  Since I lump my shopping into consolidated trips, I very rarely have the need to go to just one store for something specific.  It wasn't something I'd been looking for but when I saw it, I immediately knew how I could use it.

I have been wanting to find an over the cabinet door kind of towel rack for our new utility sink. I have yet to find one at a price point I can live with.  The bicycle basket does hook perfectly over the edge of the sink and I've got cleaning supplies in it.

The basket was a little over eight bucks.  It is sturdy and rust/waterproof because it is covered in a poly-type of coating.  If anything I place in it is damp or wet, it will be able to dry.  It also doesn't really stick out any (or much) further than the washing machine, so it's not in the way.  Right now I actually have bleach and a laundry treatment spray in it.

This is a very "off-label" use for a bike basket, but it works for me!

Comments

Post a Comment