Bunting

It's not all that exciting, but I had been waiting a long time to have the bunting put up on our new fence.  I've had these two pieces for over a year -- probably more.  They were a clearance buy from Aldi and I think I spent only a couple of bucks a piece for them.  TBG didn't get them up quite evenly, but I don't like to nit pick when he does something for me, so I can live with it.


These are mounted on large hooks, then further secured with zip ties.  My next goal is to by a large flag for the front porch that has the antiqued look of these.  I've seen a few on-line but am trying not to go crazy ordering stuff that UPS has to deliver.  Those people are working too hard and I can wait on a decorative/non-essential item in order to give them a break.

The yard is coming along nicely.  It would be nice if the weather was better, but as long as I can get quick pick-me-ups like this done, I'm happy!

Comments

  1. After a good dinner ask him sweetly if he can straighten them a bit. If you ask him if he can, he will be more likely to do it than if you tell him...lol/ Dinner helps. They do look really nice. I am with you--little pick-me-ups help lots to make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has offered to do it, but it involves taking them out, filling the holes with wood filler, then re-installing the hooks. I'll leave it up to him whether he wants to do it or not. But dinner always helps! He actually pointed it out to me first, which tells me he's probably going to remedy the situation...

      Delete
    2. Tommy always gets the rough news or questions after a good dinner. Mama taught me that. She always said she would ask Daddy whatever after he had dinner.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I found that out by the labels on the packages!

      Delete

Post a Comment